Google Plus – One Social Networking Tool to Rule Them All

Elsua

Like I have mentioned yesterday, it’s been a few days already since I jumped the shark and joined the bunch of early adopters who have been hammering down, and taking for a spin, the latest iteration of Google to get social with Google Plus , right after Google Wave and Google Buzz.

2011 114

The Business Case for Enterprise Social Bookmarking: $4.6 Million a Year in Cost Savings!

Elsua

Indeed, social bookmarking / tagging! Not sure what you would think, but I strongly believe that social bookmarking and social tagging are still an important and rather critical part of a successful Enterprise 2.0 Like any other standard social bookmarking site.

Trending Sources

Making Business Sense of Social Media and Social Networking – Twitter For Business

Elsua

Yesterday evening, my time, I attended a rather interesting webcast with Sandy Carter , IBM’s Worldwide Sales Vice President, IBM Social Business, Collaboration, and Lotus Sales and Evangelism, along with Jeremiah Owyang , Industry Analyst at Altimeter Group , on the topic of Why Be Social?

2011 63

Social Business Begins by Unleashing Your Business Talent

Elsua

Over the last couple of days, two rather interesting, and noteworthy, articles over at Technology Review , written rather nicely by Erica Naone , have been making the rounds out there on Social Web around Enterprise 2.0 An employee reconceived the service, adding better social features.

2011 59

On Governance and Compliance – IBM’s Social Computing Guidelines Webcast

Elsua

If you have been following this blog for a while, you would know how I have been blogging for a good number of times about one of those topics that people keep asking me about to share my two cents of the conversation: Social Software Governance and what IBM is doing about it.

Collaborative Thinking: Lotusphere 2008: Social Computing Chess Match

Collaborative Thinking

So far, there are not of lot of details out yet but the social computing keynote is tomorrow morning so I expect more information to come out then. Which brings us to Lotus Connections. Lotus Connections however is missing some key pieces (e.g.,

Using IBM Lotus Connections 2.5

Elsua

IBM’s Lotus Connections v2.5 My fellow colleague, and good friend, Luis Benitez , has already been sharing some details over at Lotus Connections 2.5 And relevant information resources are starting to become available for everyone as well, like the Lotus Connections v2.5

Working Smarter … (IBM Lotus Software)

Elsua

Remember that short video clip I shared not long ago under the title " Smarter Collaboration Your Way (Video from IBM) " that reminded us all of how social software, and its enterprise adoption, is all about making us work smarter, but not necessarily harder?

Lotus Knows IdeaJam Still Under Way!

Elsua

Yes, indeed, check out Lotus Knows IdeaJam. Either way, Lotus Knows IdeaJam has been enjoying a tremendous success! IBM Innovation Knowledge Management Knowledge Tools Personal KM Productivity Tools Social Computing Tags: Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

OpenNTF – Bookmark Viewer for IBM Lotus Connections Dogear

Elsua

I am sure you would agree with me that Social Computing, and, in particular, social software tools, still have got plenty of different challenges within the enterprise in order to provoke that massive cultural shift most of us have been looking forward to for a long while.

The Man Who Should Have Used Lotus Connections — Communities: The Driving Force of Enterprise 2.0

Elsua

Yesterday we had that unique opportunity of re-launching one of the oldest internal communities at IBM. A community that has been there for almost 10 years, on and off, but that it keeps coming back time and time again. That’s the name of the community.

[Podcast] This Week in Lotus 018: A World Without Email? Or Blackberries?

Elsua

This Week in Lotus 018 – A world without email? Taking Notes Episode 121: 2010.09.17 – Evangelizing Lotus Connections “, and over the course of 37 minutes, you will be able to listen to co-hosts Bruce Elgort and ? Tags: Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

The Man Who Should Have Used Lotus Connections – Innovate or Die

Elsua

If yesterday I talked about the latest adventures of Molly exploring social software within the enterprise with IBM’s own Lotus Connections , today I thought I would go and check out what " The Man Who Should Have Used Lotus Connections " has been up to lately.

The Man Who Should Have Used Lotus Connections – On the Business Case for Corporate Blogging

Elsua

Well, it looks like Jean Francois decided to tap into this very same thing as well and the second episode of " The Man Who Should Have Used Lotus Connections " is now based on blogging and the many benefits of having a corporate blog.

The Man Who Should The Man Who Should Have Used Lotus Connections – Tag, You’re It!

Elsua

In a way, it was triggered again by some of the conversations I had during the break(s) at the Social Business Summit, so I thought it would be a good time to finally address it, at least, with this initial blog post. Tags: Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

The Man Who Should Have Used Lotus Connections – On the Misuse of Email

Elsua

The rather interesting part of the video clip is from minute 2:14 onwards, where you will be able to see what a difference it would have made making use of a social software tool for file sharing. Tags: Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

The Man Who Should Have Used Lotus Connections — Collaborating Effectively through Wikis

Elsua

It will also make you question, as a social computing evangelist / enthusiast (If you are one), what you have been advocating all along with regards to email and its (mis)use within the corporate world, to the point where perhaps it is not such evil after all.

Top 10 Use Cases Enterprise Microsharing Will Help You Get Less Email

Elsua

Also thinking that using email, versus social tools, to keep in touch with other family members sounds like a good approach to me. and move across most of those conversations away from your Inbox into open social spaces where everyone can contribute and participate.

IBM developerWorks : Blogs : Community and social computing

John Tropea - Delicious Social Network KM

His job involves measuring usage and behavior of social software as it impacts productivity and interfacing with infrastructure teams. In the past, Hes been a community program manager, network administrator, a systems programmer, a web project manager, an author, a technology writer and editor. Wednesday August 20, 2008 Enterprise Tagging Service social software saves IBM $4.6 The following story focuses on a particular task, that of social tagging.

IBM 0

Reflections from 2011 – A World Without Email – The Documentary

Elsua

into an incredibly powerful social messaging and notification system of content that’s stored elsewhere, i.e. social networking, collaborative and knowledge sharing tools eventually. Regardless of the huge, and rather disruptive, impact from corporate social networking.

Email 119

IBM’s Lotusphere 2010: Getting the Most out of It (Virtually)

Elsua

A bunch of the folks I usually interact with online through various different social networking tools are going to be there and it’s going to be great seeing them again and continue, face-to-face, with the various conversations that we have been covering on line for the last few months.

Enterprise 2.0 Conference Highlights – IBM Blogger Q&A

Elsua

First, an informal conversation (The Q&A part) with both Irene and Bob, to then continue with some demo time of several IBM technologies from the Enterprise Social Software space (Like IBM Lotus Connections v2.5 , Olympus , Sametime 3D and Beehive’s Honeybees ).

Trips to Madrid and Barcelona to Present at Lotusphere Comes To You

Elsua

Next week Tuesday and Thursday, 9th and 11th of March, I will be in both Madrid and Barcelona, respectively, presenting a couple of times per event on the topic of the Social Enterprise (What else, right? The Social Enterprise ) and Smart Work / Collaboration.

Trips to Madrid and Barcelona to Present at Lotusphere Comes To You

Elsua

Next week Tuesday and Thursday, 9th and 11th of March, I will be in both Madrid and Barcelona, respectively, presenting a couple of times per event on the topic of the Social Enterprise (What else, right? The Social Enterprise ) and Smart Work / Collaboration.

Work The Web

Elsua

How many times have you heard already, and over the last few months specially, how Social Computing (And social software along with social networking for that matter!) IBM Innovation Knowledge Management Knowledge Tools Personal KM Productivity Tools Social Computing

Trip to Madrid and Barcelona to Present at Lotusphere Comes to You on Enterprise 2.0

Elsua

products IBM is offering at the moment: Lotus Quickr & Lotus Connections. Tags: Productivity Tools Social Computing Innovation Communities Knowledge Tools Knowledge Management Travelling Enterprise2.0

IBM’s Lotusphere 2010: What About BlueIQ?

Elsua

Well, here is a short blurb that describes what we thought about: " Learn how to conduct social software advocacy in the enterprise – a chat with IBM Software Group’s internal adoption team.? Tags: Collaboration Communities Conference Events Enterprise2.0

An Early (and Smart) Step Towards “Mainstreaming� Enterpise 2.0

Green Chameleon

What I mean by trend is that over the past two years all the major workplace software vendors - Microsoft, IBM Lotus, Open Text, Google, Oracle, EMC Documentum, SAP, Adobe and so on - have all launched (or acquired companies that provide the elements of) "renovated" platforms that have collaboration and social computing at their cores. Dawn Foster notes the move of Enterprises to social. Zoli Erdos says “ Socialtext Becomes Really Social.

The Conference Call – Fun at Work or Fun in Work?

Elsua

I am not sure what you would think, but this is something that I have been pondering for years now and, once again, I had an opportunity to talk about it while in Germany last week, on my latest business trip, as we talked about the impact of social software within the enterprise.

IBM’s Lotusphere 2011 – Here We Come!

Elsua

And this year, if I were to describe what the conference event would be all about I guess I could do a pretty good job with just a single keyword: Social! going Social and I surely can’t wait for it to get started! With the main theme as Get Social. Let’s get social!

IBM’s Smart Work Global Jam – Towards the Smarter Enterprise

Elsua

and social software are helping out address and fix quite nicely and certainly provoke that knowledge workers continue to work smarter and not necessarily harder. Tags: Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

Máximo 1.400 Caracteres – Entrevista a Luis Suarez

Elsua

Yet, suffice to say that I do see plenty of great value in making use of it, specially within a very powerful scenario: task centric computing for a small reduced number of known collaborators (Basically, executing on the closure of a particular task where all participants know each other very well).

A World Without Email – Year 2, Weeks 23 to 27 (Recovering from a Moment of Weakness)

Elsua

People started to send me emails much more frequently than before, as opposed to reach out to me through the standard social software channels we established together a while ago. Tags: Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0 Goodness!

Enterprise 2.0 Conference – What to Expect – The Pre-Event

Elsua

from grassroots, emergent collaboration to large-scale social media strategy " He usually does this session every year before the event really gets started and, to be honest, for those folks who may not have been exposed to Enterprise 2.0 expertise location, communities).

Big Blue’s Collaboration Challenges with Mark Hennessy

Elsua

where they both talked about social software and the business value they are both getting from making use of these social tools. IBM Innovation Knowledge Management Knowledge Tools Personal KM Productivity Tools Social Computing

IBM Lotusphere 2009 Highlights - Social Softwre in the Enterprise by Chris Reckling & Sandra Kogan

Elsua

Social Software in the Enterprise. IBM Innovation Knowledge Management Knowledge Tools Learning Personal KM Productivity Tools Social Computing A-World-Without-Email Tags: Collaboration Communities Conference Events Enterprise2.0

7 Things You Should Know About Backchannel Communication

Elsua

I can’t remember the exact date when I first took part in a backchannel chat while participating in a virtual event; I guess it must have been a few years back when I first started making use of Lotus Sametime for group chats while at work, back in the early 2000s.

IBM Lotusphere 2009 Highlights - We Can Work Smarter, Together

Elsua

Both The Power of the Lotusphere Community as well as Ed Brill have already talked about it and thought I would share it over here as well, since it is a rather short one (Under 3 minutes), as I am preparing for the weekend: Lotus Software - We Can Work Smarter, Together.

LotusLive Engage - Collaboration with Customers Just Got a Whole Lot Easier

Elsua

If last week I shared a whole bunch of links to some rather educational and enlightening presentation materials around the subject of social computing within the enterprise, this week I shall be sharing a few links to some very interesting video clips, but around the very same subject.

Clay Shirky on Institutions vs. Collaboration – Business 2.0

Elsua

looking at business driving enterprise social software tools, rather than the other way round [link] " And the suspense was over! They will need custom built social platforms, or products such as Confluence, Jive, Socialtext and Lotus Connections. "