More Reflections on SharePoint and Picking Technology | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

I was taken by a post on one of my core community lists, KM4Dev , from one of my colleagues. You can see the full thread here : Dear colleagues A few weeks ago, I posted a query on IT-tools for virtual projects and got very useful recommendations.

Online Community Toolkit | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

Home About Full Circle Contact Resources Wiki Full Circus Full Circle Associates connections for a changing world, online and offline… Nov 03 2007 Online Community Toolkit Published by Nancy White Last edited 10/07 Thinking about building or hosting an online community? 1999) Calculating Your Community Costs – Is it worth your while? What is the Value of Participating in an Online Community? Making community vibrant and alive.

CoP Series #3: Community – without people? | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

Home About Full Circle Contact Resources Wiki Full Circus Full Circle Associates connections for a changing world, online and offline… Sep 20 2008 CoP Series #3: Community – without people? Community – because without people, you just have a pile of content.

CoP 130

Nancy White

Home About Full Circle Contact Resources Wiki Full Circus Full Circle Associates connections for a changing world, online and offline… Sep 20 2008 CoP Series #3: Community – without people? Community – because without people, you just have a pile of content.

CoP 130

Nancy White

CoP 130

Nancy White

CoP 130

The Social Enterprise and The Circular Economy

Elsua

There’s a great thread on G+ from Sameer Patel on the “how.” In a rather revealing article over at the Guardian , Rosie Bristow describes quite nicely how the current linear economy hasn’t taken us too far ahead; quite the opposite! Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

2011 225

#digitalbadges: SCoPE seminar on Digital Badges

Jenny Connected

Peter Rawsthorne is facilitating a lively two week seminar in the SCoPE community on the concept and implementation of Digital Badges. Learner badge – person introduces themselves to the group via the discussion forum and contributes to a couple of discussion threads.

2012 184

#digitalbadges: SCoPE seminar on Digital Badges

Jenny Connected

Peter Rawsthorne is facilitating a lively two week seminar in the SCoPE community on the concept and implementation of Digital Badges. Learner badge – person introduces themselves to the group via the discussion forum and contributes to a couple of discussion threads.

2012 130

Twelve best practices for online customer communities | Enterprise Web 2.0 | ZDNet.com

John Tropea - Delicious Community

trends in business this year has been the advent of the Web-based customer community, where groups of like-minded individuals focus around a brand or a set of product and services come together and interact online. Best Practices for Online Customer Communities 1.

Online Community Engagement: Recent Research - Online Community Report

Online Community Engagement: Recent Research Friday, July 18. 2008 We conducted the Online Community Marketing, Growth and Engagement research study in May of this year, as part of the continuing efforts of the Online Community Research Network. Our goal was to gain insight into how people are measuring engagement in their online communities and to understand how many organizations were using an elite / influencer program, and how those programs were structured.

Nancy White

I was taken by a post on one of my core community lists, KM4Dev , from one of my colleagues. You can see the full thread here : Dear colleagues A few weeks ago, I posted a query on IT-tools for virtual projects and got very useful recommendations.

Promoting and assessing value creation in communities and networks : a conceptual framework

communities and networks: a conceptual framework. communities and networks: a conceptual framework. Promoting and assessing value creation in communities and networks: a conceptual framework 3. 2 Communities and networks 9. Community and network as development processes 12. Complementarity of community and network structures 12. 4 Cycles of value creation in networks and communities 19. communities and networks. 2 Communities and networks.

Principles focused evaluation and racial equity

Chris Corrigan

My own thinking on this topic has largely been informed by the work I’ve done over thirty years at the intersection between indigenous and non-indigenous communities and people in Canada. Collaboration Community Evaluation Featured First Nations

2018 81

Making Sense of the Rhizome Metaphor for Teaching and Learning

Jenny Connected

Quoting from survey responses, participants of the Rhizo14 course thought that teaching and learning based on this metaphor is ‘subconscious’, ‘subterranean’, ‘subversive’, ‘a non-linear, multi-directional underground web of connections’.

2014 230

Nancy White

Nancy White

Skills for Learning Professionals…Part 2 | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

I like your meta skills, but … I was hoping that you would provide insight into the core skills and knowledge around communities and networks that learning professionals should have? I don’t think community skills reduce to 5 minutes.

Skills 199

Nancy White

I like your meta skills, but … I was hoping that you would provide insight into the core skills and knowledge around communities and networks that learning professionals should have? I don’t think community skills reduce to 5 minutes.

Skills 148

Nancy White

Skills 148

What do we mean by engagement online? | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

An area that strikes me about online communities versus face to face meetings is the power of questions, provocative statements or interesting artefacts. I’ve watched this happen over the years with the online facilitators community.

Call for Abstracts: The International Conference on Knowledge Economy in South Africa

Influence

OECD suggests that innovation has changed from a linear model to a non linear and more complex relationship-based model. Discovery and innovation are no longer a process of fixed linear sequence of phases but is the result of numerous actions of many players. I might suggest they add online community as a topic area, though this will undoubtedly be a thread throughout many of the discussions.

What do we mean by engagement online? Reprise from 20019

Full Circle Associates

Tomorrow I’m doing a web meeting with a group of people who are designing, stewarding and facilitating globally distributed online communities of work, practice and information sharing. I’ve watched this happen over the years with the online facilitators community.

2014 73

The Riddle of Online Resonance (second instalment)

Jenny Connected

Whether it is a physical structural preference for threaded discussions and blogs, or a range of ideas or just writing style, inclusion of white-space, font selection and word choice in a catchy blog post title, some work products of other ……participants just jump out and grab my attention.

2010 130

Full Circle Online Interaction Blog: Updating my basic article on online facilitation

Levitt, Popkin and Hatch, in their article "Building Online Communities for High Profile Internet Sites" wrote, "Communities are organic in nature and site owners cant make them successful or force them to grow. As site owner can only provide the fertile ground on which a community may grow, and then provide some gentle guidance to help the group thrive. Much of the challenge in fostering an online community is social, rather than technical."

2007 28

Being social at work: which communications model to adopt for the enterprise? | The AppGap

John Tropea - Delicious Network

Because of the linear nature of knowledge transfer blockers can be a significant problem in accessing new information. With FF you could participate in threads, click “like&# on.

Social Networking More Popular Than Email

John Tropea - Delicious Social Network

of Internet users across the globe accessed “member communities” last year, compared to 65.1% In 2008, users spent 63% more time on member communities than they did in the previous year. However, within member communities, Facebook saw growth of 566% in time spent on it by users worldwide. Focusing on communities and medias like Twitter. I have basically switched from writing a blog to posting on Facebook because of the feedback from people in my community.

Email 61

An Idea Worth Spreading: The Future is Networks « emergent by design

John Tropea - Delicious Network

OK, we went from telegraph to radio to phone to TV to cell phone to computer to smartphone within about a hundred years, but that feels like it happened at a pretty natural pace, because we’ve lived in it as it happened, and we experience time on a linear scale. Systems can be individuals, small groups, communities, regions, nation states, and finally the world as a whole viewed as a system. emergent by design Home who’s the architect?

2010 44

How to Save the World

How to Save the World

July 29, 2007 Sunday Open Thread - July 29, 2007 Lightning Branches, by Andrew Campbell (a depiction of Now Time) What Im thinking about, and planning on writing (and podcasting) about soon: Ivenearly completed the manuscript for my book on NaturalEnterprise, which is due at the publisher in two weeks. The Three Seductions of Organized Religion: Absolution, salvation, and uncritical community. Building a Community-Based Society.

2007 35

More on CoPs

Here are three replies from members of the SIKM Leaders Community. From: Sanjay Swarup , Expert Replicating Proven Practices To add to comments made by Stan, here are some of my experiences at Ford Motor Company where I supported and managed 54 Communities of Practice (CoPs): For any CoP to survive/thrive, the role of an active executive sponsor is vital. Need a networker between community meetings and team leads to represent stakeholders (e.g.,

CoP 28