Scaffolding for sharing knowledge

Chris Collison

Whilst they are similar in concept to maturity models, the purpose is less to track and measure – and more to create a shared vocabulary to enable more targeted knowledge sharing. I like to think of them as scaffolding for knowledge sharing.

Ford Foundation, Open Access and Really Sharing Knowledge

Full Circle Associates

Knowledge sharing can be enabled or blocked based on organizational policies and infrastructure. Some people still worry that setting their knowledge free will hurt them. collaboration community indicators knowledge sharing learning open

2015 45

Trending Sources

Creating Global Knowledge Sharing Networks at ConocoPhillips

Portals and KM

On Friday I attended Driving Business Excellence With Formal, Global Networks led by Dan Ranta , Director of Knowledge Sharing, ConocoPhillips. Here is the session description: “In 2004, ConocoPhillips launched a large initiative to create internal communities of practice that would enhance knowledge sharing within the firm. Seven years later, the ConocoPhillips' knowledge-sharing program is ranked as best-in-class across industries.”.

Why Is Knowledge Sharing Important? A Matter of Survival

Elsua

That man has got plenty of golden nuggets to share around the topics of Knowledge Sharing, Collaboration, Communities, Learning and Enterprise 2.0 Have you checked out one of his most recent blog posts on Why is Knowledge Sharing Important?

Is this Knowledge Management’s most effective tool?

Chris Collison

Connection, Collection, Collaboration, Curation, Conversation, Communities, Culture…. One of knowledge management’s most powerful tools. Having a coffee with someone is a pretty visible way to share knowledge.

2013 38

Knowledge Sharing in the CGIAR – Tools and Methods for Sharing Knowledge: The CGIAR’s Wiki Approach | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

And it benefits from their diverse feedback too.Science has traditionally relied on a few key vehicles for sharing and validating new knowledge. In addition, the patent system serves as a complementary knowledge broker in instances where research spawns technical innovation.

Green Chameleon » Why Do We Share Knowledge?

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Why Do We Share Knowledge? In my previous post What is Knowledge Sharing? I wanted to challenge the assumption that all knowledge sharing is created equal.

SRI and Knowledge Sharing | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

Can we view knowledge sharing not as a proscribed set of practices, but instead a set of principles? While there are a range of tools and methods that we call “knowledge sharing,&# they are just tools. What is the soil for knowledge sharing?

Green Chameleon » What is Knowledge Sharing?

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about What is Knowledge Sharing? One of our participants was Awie Foong who’s studying knowledge sharing motivation for his PhD (by the way, he’s looking for companies to participate in his knowledge sharing culture study next month - you’ll get a customised report if you participate as a company). KNOWLEDGE SHARING IS GOOD.

Article on the CGIAR’s Knowledge Sharing Toolkit | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

Science has traditionally relied on a few key vehicles for sharing and validating new knowledge. In addition, the patent system serves as a complementary knowledge broker in instances where research spawns technical innovation.

Knowledge Sharing in the CGIAR – Tools and Methods for Sharing Knowledge: The CGIAR’s Wiki Approach | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

And it benefits from their diverse feedback too.Science has traditionally relied on a few key vehicles for sharing and validating new knowledge. In addition, the patent system serves as a complementary knowledge broker in instances where research spawns technical innovation.

Green Chameleon » Barriers to Sharing Knowledge

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Barriers to Sharing Knowledge A great summary from Shawn over at Anecdote of an article by Andreas Riege in the Journal of Knowledge Management on the barriers to knowledge sharing – together with a reference to Gabriel Szulanski (inexplicably missed by Riege). Search Green Chameleon and Straits Knowledge Newsletter Subscribe to our newsletter for regular updates.

What’s your favourite flavour of KM?

Chris Collison

I think it’s one of knowledge management’s unsung heroes. The data is sorted to show the foods who share the most chemical compounds with others towards the top. Well, I see parallels with assumptions we make when we bring people together to share knowledge.

Building a knowledge sharing network about Ageing Better from the ground up

Social Reporter

In my last few posts I’ve promoted the idea of more digital innovation in the Big Lottery Fund’s £82 million Ageing Better programme, and ways to share knowledge and experience both among the 15 local partners and more widely. It is, of course, very welcome that Big Lottery Fund, consultants and others tweet from events … but it isn’t a substitute for well-curated resources and more organised ways to share knowledge.

Green Chameleon » Tools for Knowledge Sharing

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Tools for Knowledge Sharing At the same iKMS session as Gabriel Szulanski (previous post) we aired a pre-recorded podcast with Prof Eric Tsui from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University’s KM Research Centre. He was sharing some interesting work he’s been doing with the KMRC’s clients, around identifying appropriate knowledge sharing tools.

Green Chameleon » Training and Coaching in Knowledge Sharing and Knowledge Transfer Techniques

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Training and Coaching in Knowledge Sharing and Knowledge Transfer Techniques For those of you in or near Singapore, we’re about to launch a comprehensive training and coaching programme in different techniques for knowledge sharing and transfer. Search Green Chameleon and Straits Knowledge Newsletter Subscribe to our newsletter for regular updates.

Green Chameleon » Do Knowledge Managers Really Want to Share Knowledge?—Sharing as a Mating Game

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Do Knowledge Managers Really Want to Share Knowledge?—Sharing One of the questions asks what KM professional associations should do to support knowledge managers.

Knoco stories: When communities of practice are not the answer

John Tropea - Delicious Community

From the knowledge management front-line. When communities of practice are not the answer. Communities of practice are a mainstay of very many Knowledge Management Frameworks. What they need to do it improve knowledge sharing and collaboration within the department.

2014 32

Green Chameleon » A Simple Knowledge Sharing Ritual

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about A Simple Knowledge Sharing Ritual It was wonderful when someone I knew said to another recently “That’s knowledge management, making knowledge explicit. Each day, one staff member got to share in about 5-10 minutes a topic of interest just before roll-call which happens at the start of a new shift. I liked this simple, easy and light knowledge-sharing ritual.

What art can teach us about knowledge work

Full Circle Associates

It is stimulating me to reflect on some things I’ve been trying to articulate about knowledge sharing and the transformation knowledge into new ideas, application, etc. collaboration creativity knowledge sharing learning

Why Do I Share My Knowledge?

Elsua

and Social Business thought leaders and blogger extraordinaire, Oscar Berg , put together a rather inspiring article that I thought would be worth while reflecting on, specially, since it is at the heart of not just social software, but also collaboration and knowledge management in general.

2012 142

Collaboration tools are anti knowledge sharing?

John Tropea - Delicious Collaboration

Knowledge Jolt with Jack Jack Vinson writes about knowledge management, personal effectiveness, theory of constraints and more. Collaboration tools are anti knowledge sharing? James Robertson makes an interesting claim in Collaboration tools are anti knowledge sharing? What is not widely recognised, however, is that the unmanaged spread of collaboration tools can work against knowledge sharing.

Monday Video: Art, Creative Messages and Attention

Nancy White

In our communities and networks, can we use art and music as a way to focus attention, learn and share knowledge? Monday videos collaboration communication communities of practice community engagement knowledge sharing

Cover story: Building healthy communities - Inside Knowledge

exact any/all The original knowledge-management publication denotes premium content | Feb 24 2009 E-mail: Password: Forget your password? Finally, the knowledge management (KM) movement realised that databases and collaborative tools are not enough to instigate genuine knowledge sharing.

CoP 20

Full Circle Online Interaction Blog: Using Knowledge Sharing to Think About Knowledge Sharing

Home About Full Circle Resources Contact Us Full Circus Full Circle Associates connections for a changing world, online and offline… Monday, June 04, 2007 Using Knowledge Sharing to Think About Knowledge Sharing Last week I asked for your help, dear readers, in moving my thinking forward about a useful way to organize and share knowledge sharing (KS) methods. So much much sharing is enough?

Everything Is Connected to Everything

Elsua

Knowledge sharing with a passion! How long before we can see empowering passionate stories being shared in a business environment to help us transfer knowledge, collaborate effectively, and connect with other knowledge workers? Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

2012 63

The Business Case for Enterprise Social Bookmarking: $4.6 Million a Year in Cost Savings!

Elsua

My good friend, Harold Jarche , talked about this very same thing as well not long ago on a virtual IBM event for the community of social software evangelists that I co-lead with one other colleague and which I blogged about over at ? Tags: Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

Green Chameleon » Blog comments

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Why Do We Share Knowledge? In my previous post What is Knowledge Sharing? I wanted to challenge the assumption that all knowledge sharing is created equal.

Google Plus – One50, Two50 and TheRest

Elsua

The truth is that I am ready to make plenty of blunt moves on redefining my social networking presence out there on the Social Web, and I will be sharing some further insights on that regard very soon, but one thing for sure is that at this point in time my blog will remain where it is.

Google 105

Reflections from 2011 – A World Without Email – The Documentary

Elsua

And what a better way of finishing that year end report than sharing with you all the last week, i.e. week #52, along with the overall yearly report itself. I know, a long time ago, but still worth while sharing across before we catch up with 2011′s, don’t you think?

Email 119

Need Your Feedback on my Triangulating Thinking

Nancy White

In an informal evaluation of successful collaboration, learning and teaming initiatives in a variety of contexts, the author and her collaborators have noted a pattern for supporting learning and getting work done: triangulating one’s work with external colleagues, communities and networks.

How I use social media

Nancy White

This afternoon I’m spending a half hour on a Skype video conversation to share a bit of how I use social media. Online Community. I didn’t know what an online community was, even though I have been steeped in community work all my life.

The Future of Collaboration Lies in Human Resources AND Management’s Hands

Elsua

A few weeks ago I put together the attached article for CMSWire where I tried to reflect on what I feel is the number #1 challenge for today’s corporations in terms of embracing a much more open, transparent, knowledge sharing culture through the emergence of social technologies behind the firewall. Yet, in a business environment, knowledge workers typically keep hoarding and protecting their own knowledge as an opportunity to not relinquish their own power (i.e.,

2014 64

Essential Qualities of Open Business Ambassadors

Elsua

Innovative: Not necessarily an exclusive quality from Social Business Champions per se, but perhaps more from knowledge workers in general. Open means embracing those serendipitous knowledge accidents where magic happens to transform how we collaborate and share our knowledge.

2013 83

WestPeter blows my mind | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

I hope this little bit of link love will share your value even wider out in the world.

Green Chameleon » From Data, with Love

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about From Data, with Love That most hallowed of mental models and glib explanations, the Data-Information-Knowledge-Wisdom hierarchy has taken a bit of a beating this week.

FAO/CGIAR KS Workshop II Agenda | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

Share and Enjoy: One response so far One Response to “FAO/CGIAR KS Workshop II Agenda&# # Simone Staiger Rivas on 01 Aug 2008 at 10:40 am Hi Nancy, We are all so happy that you will be with us for this second edition.

Helping councils learn to share with social media

Social Reporter

Last week I spent half a day in a workshop on local government knowledge management. We concluded that what councils need in order to share so-called “best practice&# is not more consultancy, reports and databases, but video clips, conversations, and encouragement to tell bad stories as well a good. This focus on conversations is not new in the knowledge management field … what is different is see. but don’t feel confident to put it out there and share).

Green Chameleon » AAR in Progress - Do Not Disturb

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about AAR in Progress - Do Not Disturb Last week we conducted a workshop for a client, teaching their staff some basic knowledge sharing tools and techniques. Posted by Edgar Tan on 09/06/08 at 03: 48 PM | Categories: KM Applied , Knowledge Sharing , Knowledge Transfer , Learning | Permalink 0 Comment so far Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.

Green Chameleon » The Mobile Phone is a Knowledge Retention Tool

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about The Mobile Phone is a Knowledge Retention Tool In KM, one of the reasons we say why we need to capture and share knowledge is that it could walk out the door. It seems though that even when that knowledge has walked out the door, the connection may not. So, is the argument of knowledge walking out the door still valid?