Why Is Knowledge Sharing Important? A Matter of Survival

Elsua

That man has got plenty of golden nuggets to share around the topics of Knowledge Sharing, Collaboration, Communities, Learning and Enterprise 2.0 Have you checked out one of his most recent blog posts on Why is Knowledge Sharing Important?

theTeam – Knowledge Management Done Right

Elsua

So now you know why I keep bumping into some pretty amazing video clips and why I just can’t help the urge to share them across with other people who may be interested as well. Have you seen “ Using Knowledge Management “? Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

Community Knowledge Sharing and Home Heating

Michelle Laurie

People rotated through tables with one person remaining at each table throughout to act as a host and share what the people in the earlier rounds had to say. even in small rural communities where you think everyone already knows each other!

Is this Knowledge Management’s most effective tool?

Chris Collison

Connection, Collection, Collaboration, Curation, Conversation, Communities, Culture…. One of knowledge management’s most powerful tools. Having a coffee with someone is a pretty visible way to share knowledge.

2013 74

Creating Global Knowledge Sharing Networks at ConocoPhillips

Portals and KM

On Friday I attended Driving Business Excellence With Formal, Global Networks led by Dan Ranta , Director of Knowledge Sharing, ConocoPhillips. Here is the session description: “In 2004, ConocoPhillips launched a large initiative to create internal communities of practice that would enhance knowledge sharing within the firm. Seven years later, the ConocoPhillips' knowledge-sharing program is ranked as best-in-class across industries.”.

Knowledge Management, Stories, Roald Dahl and Matilda!

Chris Collison

For the uninitiated, it’s a musical production of Roald Dahl’s book of the same name – about a little girl who develops her own knowledge, imagination, stories and her own special powers in some pretty extreme family and school circumstances.

SRI and Knowledge Sharing | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

Can we view knowledge sharing not as a proscribed set of practices, but instead a set of principles? While there are a range of tools and methods that we call “knowledge sharing,&# they are just tools. What is the soil for knowledge sharing?

Yammer for internal knowledge sharing for health care and policy making

Joitske Hulsebosch

But nice to see the examples of various uses of Yammer and how it has opened up knowledge in organisations and made it accessible, through the use of a social approach. At Rijkswaterstaat there is a community manager. knowledge management informal learning

Yammer 130

Green Chameleon » What is Knowledge Sharing?

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about What is Knowledge Sharing? One of our participants was Awie Foong who’s studying knowledge sharing motivation for his PhD (by the way, he’s looking for companies to participate in his knowledge sharing culture study next month - you’ll get a customised report if you participate as a company). KNOWLEDGE SHARING IS GOOD.

2006 100

Defining Knowledge Management and Enterprise 2.0 – Sharing Your Story

Elsua

Funny enough, that has been like that for quite a while, having gotten started around 2001, when I was first getting exposed to Knowledge Management (KM or Knowledge Sharing, whatever you would prefer) as time and time again I kept bumping into multiple knowledge managers wanting to define it.

Green Chameleon » Knowledge Management Explained in Five Disciplines

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Knowledge Management Explained in Five Disciplines We welcome Tim Wieringa as a guest blogger to Green Chameleon. Since 1999, my work has been related to Knowledge Management (KM). Already then, KM was a term that was not well recognised; at the time, we did not label our KM-related consulting services with Knowledge Management.

Can Twitter Serve as a Personal Knowledge Management Tool?

Elsua

Not sure up to what point it becomes frustration, but time and time again it amazes me that we are putting to waste such great potential with this micro-blogging / micro-sharing tool. Well, because that’s where our communities hang out.

Personal Knowledge Management by Harold Jarche (BlueIQ Ambassadors)

Elsua

If you have been following this blog for a little while now, you would know how Personal Knowledge Management , a.k.a. And here is why … Managing knowledge is quite a daunting task; in fact, most people claim (I am one of them, too!)

Blog>> Knowledge Management in Intranets

Green Chameleon

Knowledge sharing happens partially with technology, and also successfully without software. In my experience, these knowledge sharing tools are often add-ons to the classic intranet platform. Recently, many people argue (see also New Edge in Knowledge , chapter 1 ‘Primary Directives’) that knowledge sharing activities should happen in our daily work, in order to overcome usage barriers. suppliers) into communities.

Enterprise 2.0 Summit Highlights – “Knowledge Shared Is Power”

Elsua

Like I mentioned in yesterday’s blog post, there are lots of things that I would want to share across with you folks over the next few weeks, but for today I thought I would go ahead and get started sharing some initial highlights from the Enterprise 2.0

Blog>> Knowledge Management Explained in Five Disciplines

Green Chameleon

Since 1999, my work has been related to Knowledge Management (KM). Already then, KM was a term that was not well recognised; at the time, we did not label our KM-related consulting services with Knowledge Management. Today I am holding an official position in Knowledge Management, still many people do not grasp the term and have a clear understanding of it. In my comprehension, the field of Knowledge Management has a few clearly distinguished topics.

Microsoft, Collaboration, Competition and how not to create a Knowledge-sharing Culture.

Chris Collison

I had the privilege to share a platform with Steve at a conference in the late 90′s. Google’s “grouplets” aren’t the only knowledge-sharing contrast to Microsoft.

KMOL Interview - Luis Suarez on Knowledge Management and Social Computing

Elsua

A true honour and a privilege, indeed, since the interview was made for the super fine KMOL online resource on Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning. How is the Knowledge Management theory being translated inside organisations?

Green Chameleon » When Can You Trust a Knowledge Manager?

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about When Can You Trust a Knowledge Manager? If its a tough job being a knowledge manager, it’s an even tougher job to trust them with your organisation’s culture and infrastructure.

Green Chameleon » Professionalism in Knowledge Management

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Professionalism in Knowledge Management Yesterday I keynoted at iCKM in Columbus Ohio on “Accountability, Professionalism and Performance in Knowledge Management&#. In the last couple of slides I do look at some of the constructive things we can do (and are doing in Singapore) to break out of the viciously short non-learning cycles that knowledge managers go through.

Enterprise 2.0 Knowledge Sharing Platform from Knowledge Plaza

Portals and KM

Knowledge Plaza is a new Web-based platform for enterprise search, social bookmarking, knowledge management, information brokerage and expert identification. The Dashboard lets you know is happening in your knowledge community.

Green Chameleon » Knowledge Management, Bacteria Style

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Knowledge Management, Bacteria Style Some weeks back I wrote over at the Cognitive Edge guest blog that “single-celled organisms … are very much independent players&#.

Green Chameleon » How to Uninstall Knowledge Management

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about How to Uninstall Knowledge Management The indefatigable Dr David Vaine has another pragmatic podcast for the jaded knowledge manager.

2007 130

Green Chameleon » The Prehistory of Knowledge Management

Green Chameleon

However, digging around in the Prelinger Archive , I found this little gem, an industrial film from around 1960 in classic triumphalist mode, clearly demonstrating that KM was being touted as a management fad a whole generation before Karl Wiig’s work.

2007 130

Green Chameleon » A Simple Knowledge Sharing Ritual

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about A Simple Knowledge Sharing Ritual It was wonderful when someone I knew said to another recently “That’s knowledge management, making knowledge explicit. Each day, one staff member got to share in about 5-10 minutes a topic of interest just before roll-call which happens at the start of a new shift.

2006 100

Green Chameleon » Vices and Virtues in Knowledge Management

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Vices and Virtues in Knowledge Management The other day Dave Snowden asked via his blog for ideas on what would constitute Sin in knowledge management, for a presentation he was about to give at a conference.

2007 130

Green Chameleon » Is Knowledge Management Political?

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Is Knowledge Management Political? Limit the knowledge of what is happening. Search Green Chameleon and Straits Knowledge Newsletter Subscribe to our newsletter for regular updates.

2007 130

Green Chameleon » Waking Knowledge Management

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Waking Knowledge Management Dave Snowden wrote a brilliant blog post yesterday on “ whence knowledge management ?&#. I’m not as sure as he is that we’ve quite reached the end of the fad cycle, for example we’re still trying to process the distinctions and crossovers between KM and information management.

2006 100

Green Chameleon » How to Use KPIs in Knowledge Management

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about How to Use KPIs in Knowledge Management I’ve always been wary of KPIs in knowledge management, because they appeal to a tangible measurement mindset that is easily distracted from the intangible and hard-to-pin down outcomes of KM efforts. Search Green Chameleon and Straits Knowledge Newsletter Subscribe to our newsletter for regular updates.

2007 100

Green Chameleon » Mapping Knowledge Management

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Mapping Knowledge Management I like maps. Search Green Chameleon and Straits Knowledge Newsletter Subscribe to our newsletter for regular updates.

2007 130

Organising Knowledge » Taxonomies for Knowledge Management

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Taxonomies for Knowledge Management Back in February I posted on a very nice, clear handout for the stages in the taxonomy development process from Boeing Company librarians Kathryn Breininger and Mary Whittaker. The title of the paper is “Taxonomy Development for Knowledge Management&# but there’s precious little about KM or KM objectives in the paper.

Green Chameleon » How To Use KPIs in Knowledge Management

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about How To Use KPIs in Knowledge Management I’ve always been wary of KPIs in knowledge management, because they appeal to a tangible measurement mindset that is easily distracted from the intangible and hard-to-pin down outcomes of KM efforts. Search Green Chameleon and Straits Knowledge Newsletter Subscribe to our newsletter for regular updates.

2007 100

Green Chameleon » Building Expertise in Knowledge Management

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Building Expertise in Knowledge Management Gary Klein is currently guest blogging over at Cognitive Edge, and has a great post today on how knowledge managers can build expertise (arising out of a discussion over the last week). Search Green Chameleon and Straits Knowledge Newsletter Subscribe to our newsletter for regular updates.

2007 100

Green Chameleon » Explaining Knowledge Management #1

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Explaining Knowledge Management #1 In this first video blog post from Professor Gervaise Germaine, we address the differences between data, information and knowledge.

2006 130

Green Chameleon » What a Knowledge Sharing Policy Might Look Like

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about What a Knowledge Sharing Policy Might Look Like When you want to introduce new information or knowledge management practices and habits in an organisation, it’s usually a good idea to make sure that your organisation’s policies reflect the things you want to happen. We’re in the process of rolling out a records and documents information management system now.

2007 100

Green Chameleon » What Would a Knowledge Sharing Policy Look Like?

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about What Would a Knowledge Sharing Policy Look Like? When you want to introduce new information or knowledge management practices and habits in an organisation, it’s usually a good idea to make sure that your organisation’s policies reflect the things you want to happen.

2007 100

The Three Eras of Knowledge Management – Towards the Collective Knowledge of Conversations

Elsua

In this case, Knowledge Management. If you are one of those knowledge workers interested in KM, or doing KM, this is one of those blog entries you should not miss out on! Leveraging Experiential Knowledge.

Help! What’s the Next Big Thing in Knowledge Management?

Social Reporter

What’s the next big thing in local government knowledge management? The invite to contribute came in months back - courtesy I believe of a recommendation from my friend Steve Dale , who really is an expert in KM, and developing the Knowledge Hub for local authorities that I’ve written about here. You can manage information - but you can’t manage the most useful knowledge. What you can do is help people to share what they know.

Green Chameleon » Investing in Competencies for Knowledge Management

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Investing in Competencies for Knowledge Management I’ve been thinking a lot about KM as a profession (or proto-profession).

2007 130

Yakabod Adds a Social Side to Knowledge Management

Portals and KM

Yakabod has been providing knowledge management solutions since 2003. The firm is headquartered in the DC area and their main clients have been in the US Federal government’s intelligence community. Yakabod’s flagship product is the Yakabox™ Knowledge Network. Intelligence Community. I feel even more importantly it provides the users with great control and flexibility in how they manage content relevant to their work. style knowledge management system.