Trending Sources

KM, Enterprise 2.0 and Social Business: One and The Same

Elsua

Now morphed into Social Business ) has started already to follow the same path that traditional Knowledge Management did back in the day. and KM are, essentially, one and the same! Including making some of the very same mistakes KM went through back in the day.

2011 89

Building an Engaging Community By Gautam Ghosh

Elsua

A few days back Spike Jones put together one of those wonderfully provocative blog posts on the topic of Online Communities that would surely make more than one person feel rather uncomfortable, specially, if they have got an online space and they call it a “ community&# , when it isn’t.

Community Management Fundamentals – Where Do I Start?

Elsua

Knowledge Management, Collaboration, Learning, Social Computing within the Enterprise, Productivity, Work Life Integration, etc. Yes, of course, I am talking about (online) communities and community building. Well, how about some Community Management Fundamentals ?

2011 66

Social Business Forum 2011 – Communities or Organisations – The New Collaboration Ecology

Elsua

A couple of months back you would remember how I put together a couple of posts over here in this blog where I shared some of the highlights from the recent Social Business Forum 2011 event, which took place on June 8th in Milan, Italy.

2011 78

Green Chameleon » Social Software Guides

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Social Software Guides Max Kiesler has published an extremely useful list of 40 downloadable open source social software applications (thanks Maish ).

How Social Networking Can Improve Work Meetings

Elsua

You may be thinking that one of the disadvantages of having moved into this new job as Lead Social Business Enabler at IBM is that I basically spend far too much time meeting up with my new team. Collaboration Communities Employee Engagement Enterprise2.0

2013 122

How Playing Games at Work Can Help Boost Your Productivity

Elsua

on how more and more businesses are continuing to block the use of social software tools inside of the firewall, just because they feel their employee workforce may be goofing around more than they should. And not just with the Social Web. Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

Game 129

Year-End Thoughts On Enterprise 2.0 Social Software

Collaborative Thinking

is more about how social software is used by people vs. what the social tool actually is. projects are focused on people-centric solutions that promise to deliver "soft" benefits related to community, employee engagement, talent management, learning, collaboration, etc). These efforts remind me of the well-intentioned but often misguided KM projects of the late nineties. community has put forth has added tremendous value. Social Software

How the Social Enterprise Defines the 21st Century Workplace – Moving To The Edge

Elsua

Specially, those folks who have made the Social Web their new home. Douglas keeps questioning whether technology (And the (Social) Web) are part of the main problem we have been having over the last few years in the jobs market with having less and less of them.

2011 117

Impact of Social Software Within the Enterprise by Jon Iwata

Elsua

Many folks have been questioning the relevance and importance of social computing within the enterprise. I am one of those folks who thinks along those lines of the latter commentary, having been exposed to corporate social software tools behind the firewall as early as 2001.

The Soft Skills of Collaboration and The Social Enterprise

Elsua

The key question would be whether your business is well prepared to invest, heavily enough, in shaping up its own culture to re- adjust and become a truly Social Enterprise. Nothing to do with social computing tools alone, really. Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

Skills 129

The Business Value of Social Software by Luis Suarez

Elsua

We all know that plenty of people nowadays are trying to figure out what is the main business value and various benefits of using social computing within the enterprise. ROI) conversations for Social Software that I like to talk about so much lately.

Reclaim Blogging – On Why Your Blog Still Is Your Best Personal Branding Social Tool

Elsua

Over the course of the years Hugh MacLeod has always been posting some of the most amazing content available out there on the Internet Blogosphere on various different topics, specially, related to Social Networking. Community Builders. Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

2011 127

Will Social Software Replace Email in an Enterprise 2.0 World?

Elsua

Perhaps, in a follow-up blog post I will talk a little bit about which social networking sites have now been become part of my recently created and ongoing " black list " Facebook, LinkedIn and Slideshare are just three of them, but there are a few more.

Google Plus and Twitter – How They Work for Me Hand in Hand

Elsua

I am back to making active use of one of my favourite social networking tools out there, where I have been spending a large chunk of time over the course of the last four years and counting. It’s something difficult to see work just right and scalable in other social networking sites.

2011 125

Reflections from 2011 – Focused and Purposeful Social Networking

Elsua

I mean, we have only been having social software tools for merely 15 years and we are already starting to hate them, as end-users? Yes, the main purpose, if you want to call it that way, for social software, still today: connecting people to people and connecting people to content.

2011 85

How connect.BASF Helped BASF Become a Social Business

Elsua

In the recent past I have been blogging over here a couple of times already on some of the amazing piece of work that BASF ( disclaimer: An IBM customer) has been doing over the course of the last year or so on becoming a Social Business and behave and act as such.

2011 105

Enterprise 2.0, Where Art Thou?

Elsua

Over the course of the years, if you have been a long time reader, you may remember how there were a number of themes I kept coming back to from Knowledge Management, to Collaboration, (Social) Learning, Online Communities and, specially, Social / Open Business.

2015 95

Google Plus – One50, Two50 and TheRest

Elsua

The truth is that I am ready to make plenty of blunt moves on redefining my social networking presence out there on the Social Web, and I will be sharing some further insights on that regard very soon, but one thing for sure is that at this point in time my blog will remain where it is.

Google 105

Reflections from 2011 – A World Without Email – The Documentary

Elsua

into an incredibly powerful social messaging and notification system of content that’s stored elsewhere, i.e. social networking, collaborative and knowledge sharing tools eventually. Regardless of the huge, and rather disruptive, impact from corporate social networking.

Email 119

The Fallacy of Social Networking

Elsua

You may have noticed how over the course of the last couple of weeks I haven’t been much active on the external social networking tools out there that I usually hang out at, such as Twitter, Google Plus or LinkedIn. Social just for the sake of social is now dead.

2012 108

Collaborative Thinking: Social Software`s Culture Clash

Collaborative Thinking

The portal might one day lead to the nascent internal social networking platform Schueller demoed, he says. Social Software`s Culture Clash March 15, 2008 in Enterprise 2.0 , Social Software | Permalink TrackBack TrackBack URL for this entry: [link] Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Social Software`s Culture Clash : Comments You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Collaborative Thinking: Why Is Social Software So Important?

Collaborative Thinking

Collaborative Thinking Perceptions on collaboration and social software by Mike Gotta « Lotusphere 2008: IBM Research - Glimpsing The Future | Main | Lotusphere 2008: Social Computing Keynote » January 22, 2008 Why Is Social Software So Important?

The Art of Collaborating Effectively in Virtual Teams

Elsua

Specially, now that we have got social software tools available to us all to help improve, augment and develop further our own collaborative skills altogether. Build a social life (integrated with your enterprise collaboration approach). Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

McAfee’s Hypothesis and The Adventures of Molly Discovering Social Software

Elsua

Well, of course, through her adventures discovering social software at IBM (that’s where she works, by the way!). So, perhaps, it may be a good time now to look for alternatives, i.e. social software tools. Tags: Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

Collaborative Thinking: Social Software Vendor Roundup

Collaborative Thinking

Socialtext Traction Software TeamPage Twiki Open Source Social Bookmark Systems BEA Pathways Cogenz Connectbeam IBM Lotus Connections dogear component Scuttle Open source Feed Syndication Platforms Attensa KnowNow NewsGator Social Network & Community Sites Typically offer a mix of user profiles, blogs, wikis, social networking, etc. Our sales folks don't hear "we want a blog" or "we want a social network."

5 Reasons Why Activity Streams Will Save You From Information Overload

Elsua

capabilities that any company can turn into, if they would want to dive into the fascinating world of Enterprise Social Computing, and start seeing the business value right away. Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0 I heart Activity Streams. I mean, I * love* them to bits!

2011 106

The Adventures of Molly Discovering Social Software – On the Importance of Status Updates

Elsua

Yes, indeed, it looks like Molly’s adventures discovering social software at IBM continue and this time around, for episode #3 , on one of my favourite topics, although things around it haven’t been very smooth lately. It’s probably the community.

Green Chameleon » Information Neighbourhood as a Social Software Ecosystem

Green Chameleon

Click To Play Now, Thomas Vander Wal has stirred up my thinking with what I think will be widely recognised as a very important seminal post called “ The Elements of the Social Software Stack&#.

Why Social? To Help Colleagues Work Together Much More Effectively

Elsua

One of my all time favourite social networking tools for informal learning , as well as information discovery, on a good range of interesting and relevant topics, and specially Enterprise 2.0 / Social Computing and Social Business as of late is Slideshare. Why social?

2011 76

Reflections from 2011 – Redefining Your Social Web Presence

Elsua

After having put together last couple of blog posts about some of my reflections from the year we are about to end around The Social Web and Technology in general, I guess it’s now a good time to share with the world the third one from the series. Even after the Social Web.

2011 90

Google Plus – A Vitamin or an Aspirin?

Elsua

My good friend, and fellow colleague, Louis Richardson , is a tremendously engaging public speaker with an amazing talent in delivering key, powerful messages in various different topics; one of them being Social Business. I am not saying that social software is problematic.

Barriers of Social Software Adoption within the Enterprise: It Will Cost You More than You Think!

Elsua

Something that, to me, comes pretty close home as the main problem, issue, bottleneck, challenge (whatever other term you would want to use) on the full adoption of Social Computing within the enterprise by knowledge workers.

Social Task Management – When Social Business Got Down to Work – #e2conf Highlights

Elsua

There will be other entries that I will be putting together over the course of the next few days sharing along what else I learned throughout the event, but for now, let’s get things started with this one: Social Task Management – When Social Business Got Down to Work.

2012 51

The Business Case for Enterprise Social Bookmarking: $4.6 Million a Year in Cost Savings!

Elsua

Indeed, social bookmarking / tagging! Not sure what you would think, but I strongly believe that social bookmarking and social tagging are still an important and rather critical part of a successful Enterprise 2.0 Like any other standard social bookmarking site.

The Future of the WorkPlace – Social Business

Elsua

movement and, as we come to prepare things already for 2011 and beyond, one cannot keep but continue reflecting about the real impact of Social Computing within the enterprise and how it is changing the way we think (and behave!) Or not… Welcome to Social Business!

IBM’s Lotusphere 2011 Highlights – People-Centric vs. Content-Centric by Louis Richardson

Elsua

It was one of those great presentations that makes you think about the daily challenges we all face when confronting work and our own productivity and how by shifting gears and opening up to social tools, we may find plenty of solutions to the problems we face today.

2011 74

Why Best Practices Don’t Work for Knowledge Work

Elsua

Social Computing is no different! However, that’s typically not my answer to their amazement when confronted with the fact there aren’t any best practices for social software, and for knowledge work, in general.

2010 102

Social Business Begins by Unleashing Your Business Talent

Elsua

Over the last couple of days, two rather interesting, and noteworthy, articles over at Technology Review , written rather nicely by Erica Naone , have been making the rounds out there on Social Web around Enterprise 2.0 An employee reconceived the service, adding better social features.

2011 59

Making Business Sense of Social Media and Social Networking – Twitter For Business

Elsua

Yesterday evening, my time, I attended a rather interesting webcast with Sandy Carter , IBM’s Worldwide Sales Vice President, IBM Social Business, Collaboration, and Lotus Sales and Evangelism, along with Jeremiah Owyang , Industry Analyst at Altimeter Group , on the topic of Why Be Social?

2011 63