Trending Sources

What’s Your Purpose?

Elsua

To me, it’s all down to figuring out what your purpose is. Talking about having a meaningful and rather impactful purpose for us all!

Purpose Will Power Future Online Communities

Online Community Strategy

Purpose. that taps into the power of purpose to drive community engagement. Purpose-Driven Communities. a.k.a.

Purpose Will Power Future Online Communities

Purpose. Purpose-Driven Communities. Tactical goals in the context of a community experience, yes. Federated Communities.

Reflections from 2011 – Focused and Purposeful Social Networking

Elsua

Because right along with focus we have another concept I have grown rather fond of during the course of this year: purpose (Or purposeful ).

2011 85

A new mapping tool: useful for research purposes

Jenny Connected

I have never felt comfortable with mapping. thought I had written Mind Mapping in the Social Media Classroom. Here is a direct link – [link].

2016 33

Growing the Tilburg urban farming community map

Making CommunitySense

Introduction: The Tilburg Urban Farming Community. The Tilburg Urban Farmers Community is part of the Urban Farmers for a Liveable Brabant project. The project aims to strengthen and expand the urban farming communities in the cities of Tilburg, Den Bosch and Oss in the southern Dutch province of North Brabant. Communities.

2015 43

Life Without eMail – 5th Year Progress Report – The Community, The Movement

Elsua

Life Without eMail – The Community, The Movement. Hello and welcome to the Life Without eMail community. What happened? People do.

2013 132

Community Goals and Measurements

John Tropea - Delicious Community

What goals and measurements should be defined for communities, community members, community managers, and community program managers?

Goals 27

Building an Engaging Community By Gautam Ghosh

Elsua

Or, as Spike mentions himself in that entry, “ Community has context. Community has meaning. Community is shared passion.

Communities in the Crowd Economy: #CSWEurope15

These communities translate into real value for the customer and for the host business. Crowd, Communities & Collaborative Organization.

2015 40

Online Community Purpose Checklist | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

Purpose/Outcome What is the desired purpose and outcome for the group? What is the INTENT behind the purpose? Describe them.

Carl Jackson on Supporting Online Communities in International Development

Nancy White

He has worked with a number of IDS’s Eldis communities , including Africa Adapt. Carl Jackson on Online Communities in Development.

Nancy White

Purpose/Outcome What is the desired purpose and outcome for the group? What is the INTENT behind the purpose? Describe them.

Nancy White

How to be a great community manager

Communities and Enterprise Social Networks (ESNs) need committed leaders. Communities. From What are you supposed to do in a community?

2016 21

Community mapping with Kumu: making sense of your community network

Making CommunitySense

Communities are the building blocks of collaboration in today’s networked organizations. Participatory community mapping method.

2016 11

Nancy White

#betreat12 Communities of practice and learning

Jenny Connected

These notes are from the Academic BEtreat reading on communities of practice and learning, pages 72 -102 in Etienne’s book Communities of Practice: Learning, Meaning and Identity . Chapter 2 on Community raised one question for me. Learning in these CoPs serves this purpose. Chapter 2 Community. Key words. Notes.

Green Chameleon » Purposeful Metadata

Green Chameleon

www.straitsknowledge.com blog articles how-to guides events publications book videos about Purposeful Metadata I’ve blogged over at www.organisingknowledge.com (my book-blog) on the need for a sense of purpose when we design metadata. “If we have the metadata, we can manipulate the content in xyz ways.&#. More is better.

Internal and external community managers are not the same

You are here: Home / Enterprise 2.0 & Social Business / Internal and external community managers are not the same. Communities.

2013 37

Mapping a community – easy and not-so-easy

Learning Alliances

As I mentioned in my previous post , sometimes there is a ready-made visualization, if we can turn it to our current purpose. Modified. Count.

Interview about the birth and growth of the HR community

Joitske Hulsebosch

interviewed Remco Mostertman, the initiator of a large HR community mainly on LinkedIn (Remco is on the right). learn continously. Read dutch?

2011 34

Knoco stories: When communities of practice are not the answer

When communities of practice are not the answer. Communities of practice are a mainstay of very many Knowledge Management Frameworks.

2014 32

How to Write a Social Media Strategy in 9 Steps

Laurel Papworth- Social Network Strategy

What is the Purpose and Values to Customer and Organisation? Without this, there is no re-engagement back to the community. Be clear.

2015 151

Knoco stories: Top 10 success factors for Communities of practice

Top 10 success factors for Communities of practice. What factors make a Community of Practice successful? communities of practice. (63).

CoP 35

Building Online Community Through Email Noodges

Delicious/choconancy/online_facilitation

Email is the annoying little brother of online communities: pesky, poking, insistent. But online communities are just one of millions of destinations competing for your community members' attention. When planned and well-written, emails are effective at gently nudging people back to your community. Email? That's so 1995.

Cultivating Communities of Practice: Making Them Grow - YouTube

Cultivating Communities of Practice: Making Them Grow. Communities of Practice are everywhere (Wenger, 1998). suggests, even launching a single community involves considerable preparation to insure [sic] its success. Learning in Communities of Practice. What is communities of practice. Communities Of Practice.

2014 24

My First Year as a Consultant and what 2016 Holds for Online Communities (I hope)

Launching Structure3C on February 4, 2015  to help brands create successful customer communities and crowdsourcing initiatives. Really hard.

2015 18

The Untold Costs of Social Networking

Elsua

We, human beings, have got an inner urge to wanting to belong to a group, a tribe, a team, a community, a network, you name it. On purpose.

2016 96

The 11 Fundamental Laws Of Building Online Communities - The Online Community Guide

Richard is also the the author of the Online Community Manifesto. « Why Havent Your Fans Created An Online Community? Work slower.

2011 24

Community Management as Stewardship – and Happy #CMAD!

To all the Community Managers out there: Happy #CMAD! Tagged: CMAD , community manager. You are all doing important and impactful work.

Differentiating Between Social Media and Community Management

The Community Roundtable A peer network for community managers and social media practitioners. Jim will often say that everyone is a community manager and he is right – everyone has a group of constituents which could be cultivated to drive better performance.  Our theory of community is that a. But you never know.

Network Weaving: The 5 Kinds of Communities

community is a network of people who share things in common. We live in communities of place, past, purpose, perspective, and practice.

Swarm 21

How Many Circles Does it Take to Make a Community?

How to Save the World

Circles have three purposes: learning, mutual aid, and social action. How many circles, then, does it take to make a community?

2012 31

Vanity Killed the Social Media Star

Elsua

Collaboration Communities Employee Engagement Enterprise2.0 It all comes down to vanity , unfortunately. Or, Yikes! Where did we go wrong?

2016 81

Boston E20 Notes: Building an Online Community from Strategy, Planning, and Launch to Effective Engagement and Adoption

Portals and KM

attended Catherine Shinner’s session - Building an Online Community from Strategy, Planning, and Launch to Effective Engagement and Adoption.

2012 39

The Art of Community Now Available For Free Download | Art Of Community Online

My passion behind the book was to provide a solid guide to building, energizing and enabling pro-active, productive and enjoyable communities.

Building an Engaging Community By Gautam Gosh

Elsua

Or, as Spike mentions himself in that entry, “ Community has context. Community has meaning. Community is shared passion.

A Community-Based Resilience Framework

How to Save the World

What is our purpose, the thing that gives our life meaning and drives us? W hen I am asked by people “What can we do now?

Boston E20 Notes: The Iceberg Effect of Community Management

Portals and KM

attended session - The Iceberg Effect of Community Management led by Rachel Happe, Principal, The Community Roundtable and Jason Quesada, Digital Media Marketing Manager, UBM TechWeb. Here is the session description: “Do you know what community managers really do? Community management is a different way of working.