Trending Sources

Building open communities

Jenny Connected

Sylvia Currie who manages the SCoPE community at BC Campus spoke to FSLT13    last week on her work as a community facilitator and organizer.

2013 56

Value Creation in Communities of Practice

Jenny Connected

most recent work on value creation in communities of practice. Communities are responsible to each other and for the domain. link].

Coping with so many flavors of CoP

Learning Alliances

The conversations about communities of practice are a case in point. Share: Communities of practice Digital Habitats technology_stewardship

CoP 34

Planning and Evaluating Your CoP (amplifying and other good stuff)

Nancy White

Here’s his note : “Check out @nancywhite ‘s Full Circle Associates on Communities of Practice (CoPs). Jeff added value.

What Is (A) Community?

Elsua

under the heading “ Community Management Fundamentals – Where Do I Start?&# Collaboration Communities Enterprise2.0

2011 109

CoP: learning as a social system

John Tropea - Delicious Community

community

Monday Video: 4 Perspectives on CoP Evaluation

Nancy White

I often have a “deer in the headlight&# look when someone asks me about evaluating communities of practice. The video came out today.

Engestrom, Wenger and Emergent Learning

Jenny Connected

Tagged: communities of practice , CoPs , cpsquare , emergent learning , Engestrom , Wenger. Learning 1 – non-conscious, tacit.

Engestrom, Wenger and Emergent Learning

Jenny Connected

Tagged: communities of practice , CoPs , cpsquare , emergent learning , Engestrom , Wenger. Learning 1 – non-conscious, tacit.

Measuring activity and usefulness in CoPs - KnowledgeBoard

Communities of practice are complex creatures, and thus their measurement is not simple. So the history of CoP management is full of references to indicator-building, to attempts at significant reporting, and to a wide variety of more or less objective measurements. The number of perspectives that can be used is enormous.

KM, Communities and the “Little Free Library”

Chris Collison

Communties of Practice Design KM Knowledge Management Knowledge Sharing Memes Society Storytelling Community of Practice cop library

Recording of Etienne Wenger’s talk

Jenny Connected

Etienne talks about social learning theory, identity, communities of practice, power, knowledge and learning in the 21st century – too much to comment on here – but these are some of the notes I jotted down (for my own purposes – not intended as a report) at the time. Communities of practice. classroom is not a CoP.

2011 41

Networked learning, CoPs and connectivism

Jenny Connected

…… all of which to me seem to imply that there is some confusion about the difference between a community of practice and a network. think it would help to say what it is not – and that might help to distinguish it from communities of practice (although Wenger et al have already published about this) and connectivism.

F2F 9

Paywall for News.com and Online Community Social Media

Laurel Papworth- Social Network Strategy

The Function of News in Community. And by community I don’t mean articles with comments. Their own staff? Fairfax? So read on.

CoP Series #3: Community – without people? | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

Community – because without people, you just have a pile of content. website in itself is not a community of practice. Courses end?

2009 11

Footprints of Emergence in CPsquare

Jenny Connected

By we I mean, Roy Williams, Simone Gumtau and myself and by CPsquare I mean the community of practice on communities of practice.

Ponderings on Network & Community Governance Part 1

Full Circle Associates

KM4Dev has been around for over 10 years and grown to be a vibrant and respected community. community of practice (CoP)? service?

2014 36

Knoco stories: Top 10 success factors for Communities of practice

Top 10 success factors for Communities of practice. CoP Launch, Middle East. What factors make a Community of Practice successful?

CoP 35

Knoco stories: Why Communities of Practice die young

Why Communities of Practice die young. The Community of Practice was too small. The Holder college CoP was too small to live. 2.

2014 33

COP-PPLD: Home

Delicious/choconancy/communities_of_practice

npo communities_of_practice examples cases ifad livestock

CoP 4

Footprints of Emergence in CPsquare

Jenny Connected

By we I mean, Roy Williams, Simone Gumtau and myself and by CPsquare I mean the community of practice on communities of practice.

Knoco stories: When communities of practice are not the answer

When communities of practice are not the answer. Communities of practice are a mainstay of very many Knowledge Management Frameworks.

2014 32

The Changing Role of the Learning Facilitator

Jenny Connected

There is an intense discussion going on in the CPsquare community at the moment about the work of learning facilitators. Quite a few members of the CPsquare community work independently as community facilitators or for an organisation. Tagged: CoPs , cpsquare , facilitation , online learning. Ask for a bio to post up.

Roles 35

Home - First Responder Communities

USA's Homeland Security portal for first responder CoPs. Tags: communities_of_practice

CoP 11

Cultivating Communities of Practice: Making Them Grow - YouTube

Cultivating Communities of Practice: Making Them Grow. Communities of Practice are everywhere (Wenger, 1998). suggests, even launching a single community involves considerable preparation to insure [sic] its success. Learning in Communities of Practice. What is communities of practice. Communities Of Practice.

2014 24

DEFENSE ACQUISITION REVIEW JOURNAL

An article on successful CoPs. Tags: elearningColombia communities_of_practice roles

CoP 33

Useful conversations for fledgling CoP

On Tuesday I worked with three new communities of practice in a government agency. Community Orientations : a concept developed by Etienne Wenger, Nancy White and John Smith and described here. Each group was quite different but in all of them we talked about the things the groups should do first. Discussion tables.

Wenger-Trayner new website – new BEtreats

Jenny Connected

This is what was written on the website last year: ‘In a collaborative atmosphere with a small, strategically committed group, we spend four intensive days developing leadership and facilitation capabilities for cultivating communities of practice and networks. Tagged: betreat11 , CoPs , course , Trayner , Wenger. What is BEtreat? 

CoP Series #9: Community Heartbeats

Nancy White

Community Heartbeats - when synchronous interactions matter . They can keep the heartbeat of a learning community going strong.

Digital Storytelling in the US Army

Jenny Connected

This week Jonathan Silk, a US Army Officer stationed at the United StatesMilitary Academy at West point, NY, shared his digital story telling practice with the CPsquare community. For this digital storytelling work he won the 2012 Pepperdine Award for outstanding work in community development. The technology. Managing story collection.

CoP Series #6: Community Leadership in Learning

Nancy White

Community Leadership in Learning - bees, mentors, coaches, experts and friends . Community cultivator  - These are the relationship people.

CoP Series #5: Is my community a community of practice?

Nancy White

Many people get worried about making sure their group is a CoP. Is a team a CoP?  Is a CoP the same thing as a (social) network?

‘Identity in practice’, ‘Participation and non-participation’

Jenny Connected

These are the titles of Chapters 6 and 7 in Etienne Wenger’s Book – Communities of Practice: Learning, Meaning and Identity. (p. On p.5 of his book Etienne defines Identity as. ‘a way of talking about how learning changes who we are and creates personal histories of becoming in the context of our communities’. 143-172). p.159).

CoP Series #3: Community - without people?

Nancy White

Community - because without people, you just have a pile of content. From the “no duh&# perspective, there is no community without people.

CoP Series #8: Content and Community

Nancy White

We have talked throughout this series on communities of practice about “content.&# In CoP terms, this is “reification.&#

CoP Series #10: Stewarding Technology for Community

Nancy White

Community influences technology and technology influences community. They offer us affordances for group,community and network learning.

Leadership Maxims, Avoiding a CoP Mid-Life Crisis, Library Clips, Knowledge and Learning Toolkit, Ten Commandments for Business Failure

Service – serve your people, your organization, and your community. He is starting Phase 2 of a CoP study with the primary, but not exclusive, focus of health and financial services. This week I feature one of Richard’s articles - How to Avoid a Mid-Life Crisis in Your CoPs : Uncovering six keys to sustaining communities.

Prepping for a Think Tank Presentation

Michelle Laurie

knowledge management collaboration complexity conference CoPs networks social networking Activities, Outcomes and the Concept of Value Creation.

2013 23

My Harvest from a Think Tank on Assessing Collaboration

Michelle Laurie

Don’t get caught in the tangle of terminology between learning networks, knowledge networks, CoPs. Relationship among group of organizations.

2013 21

Academic BEtreat (#betreat12) pre-conference call

Jenny Connected

Tagged: #betreat12 , communitiesofpractice , community , CoPs , cpsquare , onlinelearning , Wenger , wenger-trayner.