Trending Sources

Community Building Isn’t About Influencers

Managing Communities

Just don’t confuse your pursuit of influencers with community building. Managing the Community Thinkingphoto credit: jurvetson I’ve been hearing the word influencer a lot lately. People (companies) want other people, with big audiences, to talk about their stuff. There is nothing wrong with that.

Nieuwe publicatie: Een Stadse Boeren Community Moet Je Samen Opkweken

Making CommunitySense

Een Stadse Boeren Community Moet Je Samen Opkweken. Deze ‘sense of community’ is een belangrijke noodzakelijke voorwaarde om iets te kunnen bereiken. Filed under: communities , community building , urban farming. communities community building urban farmingOnlangs verschenen: A.

2016 48

New publication: Expanding the Academic Research Community – Building Bridges into Society with the Internet

Making CommunitySense

de Moor (2014),  Expanding the Academic Research CommunityBuilding Bridges into Society with the Internet. Stillman (eds.),  Theories, Practices, and Examples for Community and Social Informatics , Monash University Publishing, Melbourne. Just published: A. In  T. Denison, M. Sarrica, and L. ISBN 978-1-921867-62-0.

2014 28

New City Community building simulation game

The Bumble Bee

Building Community and Computer Simulation are two of my hot topics. So it really grabbed my attention when Channel 4 Education announced a forthcoming game, Fallen City , to let us explore how our cities might be mended by empowering communities. News & Media

Contests and Giveaways are Marketing, Not Community Building

Managing Communities

photo credit: Ev0luti0nary Since the beginning of time (relatively speaking, of course), online forums and communities have held contests and giveaways in an effort to grow their member base. Promoting Your CommunityIt gets them some attention. They notice an influx of new members. Then the contest ends.

New publication – Towards a participatory community mapping method: the Tilburg urban farming community case

Making CommunitySense

de Moor  (2015), Towards a participatory community mapping method: the Tilburg urban farming community case. In  Adjunct Proceedings of the Communities & Technologies Conference (C&T 2015), Limerick, Ireland, 27-30 June, 2015 (to appear in International Reports on Socio-Informatics ). Just published: A. Abstract.

2015 30

Sustainable Community Building [for Humans]

Online Community Report

love my community. Regardless of whether I feel like, or am trying to be, a community builder, the community always provides opportunities for others to join me. Being a Community Builder (I refuse, on principle, to use the word Manager) is a lot of work. Here’s my 3×3 to Sustainable Community Building. 1.

Community Building: How To Create Your Own Social Media Network With Ning - Robin Good's Latest News

John Tropea - Delicious Social Network KM

Social networks create easy to access online communities out of shared interests and passions. thanks to Ning. Here are the details: Ning 2.0

2007 26

Community mapping with Kumu: making sense of your community network

Making CommunitySense

Communities are the building blocks of collaboration in today’s networked organizations. Participatory community mapping method.

2016 39

You Should Care About Community Building, Even if You Have No Interest in Being a “Community Manager”

Managing Communities

One of the things that we discussed is why they should, individually, care about building community online, even if they have no interest in being a community manager or working in digital. photo credit: marc falardeau I spoke to a small group of staff members at the CNN offices in Atlanta on Tuesday. As part [.].

Online Community Building Strategy: Good Advice From Nancy White

John Tropea - Delicious Community

But how easy is it to build a thriving online community? How do you nurture engagement inside your community? Small things.

Gamification and school professional community

Community Capers

Many of you will also be thinking about how to further develop a professional community within your school. Why is this program so successful?

Community building with Playback Theatre

Viv Mcwaters

One comment that stayed with me was from Christopher Ellinger , who said that “the purpose of playback is community building&#.

Growing the Tilburg urban farming community map

Making CommunitySense

Introduction: The Tilburg Urban Farming Community. The Tilburg Urban Farmers Community is part of the Urban Farmers for a Liveable Brabant project. The project aims to strengthen and expand the urban farming communities in the cities of Tilburg, Den Bosch and Oss in the southern Dutch province of North Brabant. Communities.

2015 48

Community Managers and the Art of Facilitating Communities Effectively

Elsua

Of course, I am talking about the role of the Community Manager , or Community Facilitator , which has been my preferred term from the beginning.

2011 63

Recipe for community building: have a picnic

Social Reporter

The past week started and ended particularly well, with rather different events both about building relationships and community.

Building an Engaging Community By Gautam Ghosh

Elsua

Or, as Spike mentions himself in that entry, “ Community has context. Community has meaning. You can only construct the buildings.

Community Management Fundamentals – Where Do I Start?

Elsua

Yes, of course, I am talking about (online) communities and community building. Yes, indeed, online communities are hot!

2011 67

Online Community Building Strategy Advice

Nancy White

Online Community Building Strategy: Good Advice From Nancy White. Tags: community community indicators We are having record breaking heat here in Seattle and I just don’t have the energy to jump into my stack of half drafted blog posts. Thanks, Robin! Gee, I do talk fast).

Research Communities 2.0

Making CommunitySense

Deze presentatie laat zien hoe research communities door goed gebruik te maken van Internet het academisch onderzoeksproces kunnen helpen hervormen. Filed under: academia , communities , research , Uncategorized , universities , virtual communities , Web 2.0. heeft georganiseerd.

BIG promotes a positive approach to community building

Social Reporter

The Big Lottery Fund is the largest single funder of the community and voluntary sector (more than £1.6 You can see that 2010 interview here.

Communities in the Crowd Economy: #CSWEurope15

Online Community Strategy

They may sell products or services, build relationships, share advice, give reviews, collaborate, co-create and more.

2015 34

Joining up community building, organising and social reporting

Social Reporter

Later this month I’ll be doing some work with Gary Loftus and his new team of community builders at Forever Manchester , when we’ll spend a day exploring how social reporting can play a part in Asset Based Community Development. Forever Manchester leads with the ABCD of community building. ABCD Europe.

Joining up community building, organising and social reporting

Social Reporter

Later this month I’ll be doing some work with Gary Loftus and his new team of community builders at Forever Manchester , when we’ll spend a day exploring how social reporting can play a part in Asset Based Community Development. Forever Manchester leads with the ABCD of community building. ABCD Europe.

Online Community Toolkit | Full Circle Associates

Nancy White

Home About Full Circle Contact Resources Wiki Full Circus Full Circle Associates connections for a changing world, online and offline… Nov 03 2007 Online Community Toolkit Published by Nancy White Last edited 10/07 Thinking about building or hosting an online community? Making community vibrant and alive.

Fun with Drupal Commons, a Powerful Solution for Online Community Building

Influence

For years, we have been advising clients on how to build, manage, and grow successful online communities. functionality (blogs, documents, wikis, profiles, groups, etc) and can support open, partially open, and closed community sites. In our experience, this often works better for cross-organizational communities.

New publication: “It’s the Conversation, Stupid!” – Social Media Systems Design for Open Innovation Communities

Making CommunitySense

” Social Media Systems Design for Open Innovation Communities was just published in J.E. Lundström et al. ISBN 978-3-642-31649-4.

2013 73

CommunityBuilders – Online Community Still Crazy After Years with Nancy White

Elsua

CommunityBuilders – Online Community Still Crazy After Years with Nancy White. Collaboration Communities Conference Events Enterprise2.0

2011 54

The Community Roundtable's Community Maturity Model

John Tropea - Delicious Community

The Community Roundtable A peer network for community managers and social media practitioners. Tags: community diagram Thanks!

Model 41

Becoming a Jedi Master – The Secret Art of Cultivating Online Communities #sbf12 #cmgr

Elsua

topics (like online community management, social CRM, customer service, etc. The secret art of cultivating online communities Luis Suarez.

2012 61

CommunityBuilders: The State of Community Management 2011 with Rachel Happe

Elsua

So I am pleased to share over here with all of you “ The State of Community Management 2011 with Rachel Happe “ That’s right!

2011 49

Reflections on Community Manager Appreciation Day

Today was the third annual Community Manager’s Appreciation Day, or #CMAD. The intention of #CMAD is to raise awareness about the role of the Community Manager, and to recognize the hard working women and men who support this role for their organizations. Jeremiah Owyang , Partner, Altimeter; + Connie Bensen , Sr.

2013 29

Want to Know What Community Members (a.k.a. Customers) Need? Just Ask.

In its most basic form, a community strategy is a balance of an organization’s goals and its member’s (a.k.a Are you “Member Shy”?

2016 33

Sending welcome messages to new members | Online Communities | Build an Online Community

Delicious/choconancy/community

welcome online_facilitation community

Building an Engaging Community By Gautam Gosh

Elsua

Or, as Spike mentions himself in that entry, “ Community has context. Community has meaning. You can only construct the buildings.

Community reporting grows up with its own Institute

Social Reporter

Good to see another burst of energy from the Manchester-based People’s Voice Media , with the launch of their Institute of Community Reporters, and also a European Network for community reporters. It will accredit courses, issues certificates and manage the Community Reporter badge scheme.

2012 26

Community reporting grows up with its own Institute

Social Reporter

Good to see another burst of energy from the Manchester-based People’s Voice Media , with the launch of their Institute of Community Reporters, and also a European Network for community reporters. It will accredit courses, issues certificates and manage the Community Reporter badge scheme.

2012 26

Community reporting and citizen journalism unpacked

Social Reporter

We all have something to say and stories to tell about our lives and this is our starting point for Community Reporting.

2012 17

Community reporting and citizen journalism unpacked

Social Reporter

We all have something to say and stories to tell about our lives and this is our starting point for Community Reporting.

2012 17

My First Year as a Consultant and what 2016 Holds for Online Communities (I hope)

Launching Structure3C on February 4, 2015  to help brands create successful customer communities and crowdsourcing initiatives. Really hard.

2015 17